Timken is the world’s largest manufacturer of tapered roller bearings. They reached out to THS Constructors to design and build three projects in connection with the expansion of their Walhalla facility.
Scope of Work:
- A 50,000-square-foot addition that includes areas for treating, stamping, forming, surface treatment, and utilities
- Major upgrades to the electrical and HVAC systems in the existing plant
- A 15,000-square-foot, class “A” two-story office building
- Updates to the entrance, which emulates the angular rotation created by the building’s bearings
- A 3,000-square-foot cafeteria and employee welfare area
THS provided design and construction services as well as estimating, value engineering, scheduling, procurement, and overall coordination. All three projects were completed on schedule, in seven months. The plant makes bearings for the automotive market and is ISO 14001 certified.